Wednesday, February 06, 2008

TODAY Radio 4 - American Presidential Election

I am an avid TODAY listener. I wake up to it and go to work on it. I find it helps me to keep abreast of whats going on in this country.
But then, am I alone in being bored bored and again totally bored by the forensic analysis of what's going on in the American presidential elections. Are we a bit interested ? Well, actually no and I expect that goes for the majority of the TODAY listeners who would rather get to know what's going on in our own backyard.
Who gives a fuck about Super Tuesday ( what a crass name) and someone with a surreal name like Barack !
I am finding that on my way to work I am stacking up with a new collection of CD's and as soon as I hear the word Primary I switch off the radio and bang on some heavy metal.
I found I was doing this at the height of Browns reign as Chancellor when the words Boom and Bust and Fiscal were irritating me just as much.
Anyway, why are we giving so much coverage to America when they didin't give a stuff about our election and just about gave it two paragraphs in their press.
Wake up TODAY and give us something more homegrown to go to work on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home