Saturday, September 24, 2011

Menno Gootjes - Focus


Last night I went to watch one of my all time favourite bands The Crazy World of Arthur Brown who were on the bill with Dutch prog rock band Focus. Arthur was as usual brilliant and his voice was spot on despite his advancing years. His energy seems undiminished too and he kept up with the stage presence of Czech keyboard player Lucie Rejchrtova who was dynamic and quite fantastic.
Yet, what really blew me away during the whole evening was the guitarist with Focus Menno Gootjes. He was awesome and his playing left me feeling pretty well stunned. Who is this guy? where did he come from?
As a band Focus were never one of my faves during the 70's but last night they delivered the prog rock goods. As for Menno . . . OMG bloody ding dong!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home