Sunday, July 23, 2006

Smoking Ban


We went out to a club last night and had a really good time. The music was fantastic and the crowd were fab, well behaved as you would expect in a gay club. There was a bit of a mixed crowd, straight and gay, but everyone had a real blast.

But oh my god, the next day when we woke up, I could hardly talk and my throat was disgusting.. the after effects of being exposed to a great deal of smoke, most of which was created by young people i.e. under twenty five's I would hazard a guess. Most of the mature people there were not smoking and as a reformed smoker of many years I wondered why so many young people smoked but older ones didn't.

Does it have something to do with the fact that you grow out of it as you age cause you realise how dangerous it is to your health as well as it being damn anti social? Now, from my point of view I would like to make my own decisions as to whether I want to die early or not. I don't really want that decision to fall on others so personally I cannot wait for the impending ban on smoking in public places to arrive. It would have been just lovely , after a fab night out, to wake up the next morning feeling exhilarated about it instead of feeling absolute crap and having to bung every bit of outer clothing in the washing machine cause they smelled like an ash tray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home