Thursday, February 19, 2009

Judas Priest

Judas Priest are undoubtedly one of the best heavy metal bands in the world. I first saw them at Hemel Hempstead Pavilion in the early seventies and was knocked out by numbers like Genocide and The Ripper from the "Sad Wings Of Destiny" album.
Since then I have seen them on a number of occasions and found them to be brilliant but on Saturday last at Birmingham LG Arena . . Oh dear! Yes , they were brilliant in the way they delivered their outstanding set but the sound from where I was sitting was diabolical and so loud it made your ears hurt when Rob Halford, arguably the most outstanding heavy metal rock vocalist of the last thirty years, hit those high notes. It was so disappointing, high expectations from an outstanding set, but it was not to be realised. I should have gone home elated but instead I kept saying "what a shame".
I hope next time the sound engineers get it right cause despite the experience I still rate "The Priest" as one of the best live heavy metal bands there is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home