Saturday, October 28, 2006

HM Revenue and Customs National Insurance Contributions Office



I have just received a letter from HM Revenue and Customs telling me that I have a shortfall in my NI contributions of £371.80 for the year 6th April 2004 to 5th April 2005.

I was actually gobsmacked because this could not possibly be true as I have been in full time employment all during that period and it is illegal and basically impossible for my employer not to pay my NI contributions.

When I enquired further with my employer I was told.. Oh, ignore it. They have just changed computers in Bristol and loads of people have received similar letters and it is incorrect.

Ignore it ? Why should I ignore it? It was a letter stating I owed money which I don't and I have to understand this because it's only another failure in the implementation of a Government Social Security computer system !! How many more I.T. systems have to fail which have cost us, me and you, hundreds of £millions recently.

What a waste of tax payers money and on top of this it has cost loads of money to post all these farcical letters, yours and mine hard earned cash.

It makes my blood boil !!!!! In the immortal words of Catherine Tate " What a f- - -ing liberty !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home